Identify the barriers that exclude disabled people
The best inclusive design is universal design: a single provision that caters for everyone’s needs and requirements and considers physical, visual, auditory and intellectual accessibility.
Whether you are planning a new workspace or refurbishing your existing one, an Accessibility Audit can help you remove disabling barriers and provide for inclusion. Go beyond compliance and provide best practice facilities that delight disabled people, attracting them and their networks as staff and customers.
GET IN TOUCH
How can we help you?
Get the latest ED&I news
Free advice, with no obligation
An Accessibility Audit with The Equality Academy:
- is tailor-made to suit your exact needs and keeps costs to a minimum and is often the first step towards removing disabling barriers
- involves on-site observations and a detailed physical inspection of your property.
- provides a user-friendly, detailed assessment, together with recommendations and cost estimates
Our tailormade Access Audits:
- Set at a level that best meets your needs: mini or full audit
- Review both physical features of your building and management practices
- Follow a detailed checklist that includes: the internal and external environment, controls and equipment, communication and telephone systems, means of escape, signage, colour and lighting and the acoustic environment.
Access audits can strengthen your profile as an inclusive company. Your thoughtfulness could mean a real improvement to the day to day life of your workforce, a decrease in staff absenteeism and turnover, and gaining of loyal clients.
You may also be interested in our:
Inclusive Leadership Open Masterclass Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Audits Monitoring your Equality Performance