Creating more effective communication in intercultural situations
Customers: Understand the customer’s perspective on your service or products, identify customer needs, improve customer care and enhance sales
Staff: Increase ability of diverse staff to understand and work alongside each other as one team, and identify how best to manage diverse customers in practical situations
Managers: Demonstrate leadership by promoting common purpose and cross cultural understanding; address ignorance and stereotyping of difference; constructively challenge unhelpful behaviours; mediate between conflicting perspectives; find effective mutually agreeable practical solutions.
GET IN TOUCH
How can we help you?
Get the latest ED&I news
Free advice, with no obligation
The Equality Academy can assist your intercultural competence:
- Appreciate the value of cultural diversity, the impact of addressing conflicts of perspective, and the benefits of dialogue and collaborative solutions
- Understand the importance of recognising cultural difference in the delivery of excellent customer service
- Promote best practice when taking into account people’s cultural practices, beliefs, needs & preferences
- Provide an intercultural competency framework
- Identify actions to take your company, service and team forward, enabling each employee to take appropriate leadership.
Our Cultural competence workshop can be tailored as:
- A workshop for roles or all grades
- Role or grade specific workshops
How your organisation will benefit from improved cultural competence:
- A more cohesive, productive and confident staff group with an inclusive culture at its heart
- Improved service delivery for excluded social groups and communities
- Improved sales to currently neglected customer groups
You may also be interested in our:
Inclusive Leadership Open Masterclass Equality Diversity & Inclusion Training & Workshops Equality Analysis (Impact Assessment) Review