Job Description for Virtual Administration Assistant
The position of virtual administrative assistant consists of being responsible for providing administrative and clerical services to the directors of The Equality Academy and their fellow team members, in order to secure effective and efficient operations.
As a Virtual Assistant, you will perform various administrative tasks, including answering emails, scheduling meetings, collating expenses claims and making travel arrangements. For this role, a strong Internet connection is required, along with experience using communication tools like Zoom, WhatsApp and Skype. You will be confident and familiar with the suite of Microsoft office applications.
You should be able to handle administrative projects and deliver high-quality work under minimum supervision.
- Manage Directors’ diaries
- Read and analyse incoming emails to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Attend online meetings (eg: Zoom, Microsoft teams, Skype etc) to record minutes;
- File and retrieve documents, records, and reports;
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by the Directors and their team members;
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for the Directors;
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records, and managing database systems;
- Prepare invoices, expenses claims, reports, memos, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheets, database or presentation software;
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages;
- Contribute to the implementation of processes, organisation and systems.
Qualifications and requirements
- Personal and professional commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I).
- Familiarity with current technologies, like desktop sharing, cloud services and VoIP (eg Dropbox)
- Experience with word-processing software, presentations and spreadsheets (e.g. MS Office)
- Knowledge of online calendars, scheduling (e.g. Google Calendar)
- Proven experience as administrator and/or diploma or similar qualification in office administration
- Excellent listening skills and proactive approach to supporting the team at the Equality Academy;
- The Equality Academy as a UK based business generally conducts its business in English, therefore fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Ability to adjust actions and plans in relation to others and to manage one’s own time.
- Integrity – the job requires honesty and the ability to keep strict confidentiality boundaries;
- Attention to detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks;
- Pro-active and confident – willing to take responsibility to follow up and ensure that things get done;
- Organised and solution oriented – able to contribute to the development of the role;
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations;
- Co-operation and kindness– working helpfully and patiently as part of a very busy team.
- Self and other care – being sensitive to one’s own and others’ needs and limitations.
Lines of communication
- You will work directly for and be responsible to the Directors, Razia and Jess.
- You will also build relationships with others, eg: Associates, Clients and suppliers
- This is a virtual position based in your own office, which we envisage taking around 15 hours per week with some variance week by week, subject to regular review.
- The role will require a flexible approach with daily availability during the working week, and within UK working hours primarily.
- You will be paid £15 per/hour, and will be paid at the end of every calendar month on receipt of your invoice.
- You will have regular catch up meetings with each of the Directors
- You will have a detailed contract setting out your T&C and the EA approach to all its associates and freelance staff.
- If you require any reasonable adjustments, the EA will attempt to provide for, or support you in this – please inform us ahead of time
Get in touch
If you are interested, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us why you would like to work with us, your skills and experience and outlining your availability.