Fairness in Recruitment & Selection
Improve your diversity: Develop a fairer recruitment and selection strategy
We integrate the latest research indicating how best to reduce the impact of unconscious bias and stereotype anxieties, as well as practical steps to minimise both indirect and direct discrimination.
It will help ensure recruitment and selection strategy (R&S) in your business is ‘equality proofed’ to be compliant with the Equality Act 2010 and your organisation’s own policies.
The Equality Academy Fairness in Recruitment and Selection workshops and coaching will:
- Look at policies & practices, which can result in a more diverse, inclusive and effective workforce
- Include face-to-face Interviews with those involved in the recruitment & selection process
- Interviews can help identify if, and where, policy and process vary, creating unintended barriers
- We present our findings, with reference to research methodology, and make recommendations structured to fit your organisational needs
GET IN TOUCH
How can we help you?
Get the latest ED&I news
Free advice, with no obligation
We offer a tailored blend of consultancy and training:
- Structured to suit your organisation; fitting with your existing competency frameworks, polices and processes
- Desktop equality audit of your R&S policies, processes and related paperwork
- Analyse existing workforce statistics and equality data
- Specialist assessor training for those involved in short-listing and assessment (including assessment centres) and recruitment team training
- Interview skills, including assessor skills – introductory or advanced
- Specialised input based on our Fairness in Recruitment & Selection Guide (see excerpts)
Develop your recruitment and selection processes, and you will benefit from:
A closer match between staff profile and customer base, enabling better understanding of the customer and an enhanced reputation. You will be able to recruit from a wider pool of talent (and help retain that talent), whilst reducing your risk of litigation.
You may also be interested in our:
Inclusive Leadership Open Masterclass Managing Inappropriate Behaviour Unconcious Bias and Stereotype Anxiety