How we work
Tailored to meet your business needs. Delivered to inspire
As subject matter experts in equality, diversity and inclusion, the Equality Academy consultants deliver bespoke, innovative programmes of training, coaching and consultancy at every level in organisations. All our interventions are developed to meet your needs and learning objectives. Each programme is unique, involving a blend of ingredients specific to you.
We are pro-active in seeking a partnership with you with clear agreed objectives and ongoing liaison to check our delivery is meeting those objectives.
Our Training is available in the form of:
- Taster session: brief introduction and basic overview of the key issues and factors to give participants a general understanding. Duration is usually between 2 and 3.5 hours. Suitable for small or large groups.
- Introductory workshop: usually one day, providing an opportunity to explore the issues practically and reflectively, and go beyond ‘compliance’ to a deeper understanding. Up to 15 participants gain both personally and professionally and leave inspired to put learning into action.
- Team Intensive workshop: ideal for teams seeking to increase individual and collective performance in equality, diversity & inclusion. Usually a minimum of 2 days, involving both personal and strategic development through practical exercises, in-depth reflection and strategic mapping.
- Executive workshop: for executive teams to inquire into the strategic importance of equality, diversity & inclusion, and how better to work together to address the difficult questions. Help to to see diversity as a strategic business asset, while positively impact personal and organisational performance.
- Any of these formats can include the use of Replay Theatre to bring learning to life and promote behavior change.
1-2-1 Coach and Confidante Service:
Provides people seeking to lead on equality, diversity & inclusion at any level in the business with face-to-face or remote tailored individual learning, development and support. From a one-off ‘think aloud’ session to progress a pressing issue, to structured coaching over a year or more, we aim to be there for you, so you’re never alone with an equality, diversity or inclusion challenge.
- Confidante: available as required for ‘sounding board’, ‘thinking aloud’ and advice
- Coach: available for a minimum of three sessions of an hour or more
We specialise in Audits and Reviews that go beyond compliance to emphasise best practice for improved performance. Each intervention is designed specifically for your organisation, to address your current situation with due consideration of your existing framework and resources.
Audits and reviews are undertaken as:
- Desktop audit: A review key organisational documentation, to make recommendations to suit your business needs.
- Mini audit: Review of internal culture & leadership; processes & communications, as well as key organizational documentation, with a full report and recommendations.
- Full audit: Review documentation, culture & processes and undertake interviews and research to provide an overall assessment of your company performance and culture. Report and recommendations which will enable you to pursue best practice and excellence in the context of your overall strategy and business plan.
Get in touch: Our work is the opposite of ‘off the shelf’; we seek to understand what is really required and to offer the best quality product or service. Contact us now to discuss your requirements and to find out more about how we can help.
Free 30 minute consultation: We offer new clients a free, no obligation 30 minute telephone consultation to help you clarify some of the issues.