Managing Inappropriate Behaviour
Understand the dynamics of influence and power, and create a fairer, more positive culture
We are sometimes confronted with ‘inappropriate’ behaviour in the workplace: how it is managed is crucial to maintaining workplace balance. Situations in the workplace involving offensive, discriminatory, challenging or inappropriate behavior it can disrupt work programmes and damage relationships. Managers have a key role to play in guiding staff in such situations. This programme is designed to support the awareness, knowledge, confidence and skills necessary to do this.
The Equality Academy will:
- Help participants learn how to confidently and positively managing sensitive or difficult situations
- Progide an opportunity to practice interrupting, questioning, confronting and challenging behaviour which is counter to good relationships, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Provide better understanding the context (the ‘system’) in which the interactions in question take place – including the dynamics of influence and power within the workplace culture
GET IN TOUCH
How can we help you?
Get the latest ED&I news
Free advice, with no obligation
About our Managing Inappropriate Behaviour workshop:
- Offered as a 1 day workshop, with substantial experiential content
- Includes a number of core elements, as well as others you may request
- Develops personal presence and power
- A chance to practice different ways to positively intervene / challenge when scenarios arise
- Considers the effectiveness of different styles, and long-term / short-term interventions
Benefits of this workshop:
Managers will gain increased awareness of and understanding of what is inappropriate behaviour; confidence and skills to challenge and effectively manage inappropriate language and behaviour. As well as ideas for creating a more inclusive and supportive workplace environment and confidence to ensure that organisational processes and policies are properly implemented.
You may also be interested in our:
Inclusive Leadership Open Masterclass Cultural Competence Workshop Unconscious Bias and Stereotype Anxiety